Munich - Frauenkirche 1885/2003

roll mouse over for then and now

previous

Original Photo 1885

Original Photo 2003

Twitter
Facebook
The Frauenkirche or Church of Our Lady, is Munich's main cathedral and with its distinctive twin towers, is also one of the main landmarks in the city. The Frauenkirche, which stands today, replaced an earlier church of the 13th century being built in 1468-88 under the direction of the German architect Jorg von Halsbach. The two towers were completed in 1488 and the church was consecrated in 1494. However, the building's famous domes atop each tower were not added until 1525. The cathedral suffered severe damage during World War II - the roof collapsed and one of the towers suffered severe damage. A major restoration effort began after the war and was carried out in several stages, the last of which coming to an end in 1994. On the right side, you can see the "New Town Hall", that was built between 1867 and 1908. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Frauenkirche


























Besucherzähler